We Can Ride is an amazing program. Everyone involved has experienced the wonder first-hand. The horses work their magic, for sure, but the real reason we are all here is the same: serving our clients.
Our program serves over 300 clients annually! We have PATH International certified instructors, licensed therapists and trained volunteers. It is a magical orchestration of people and horses. Individuals with physical, cognitive and behavioral disabilities benefit from these equine-assisted activities.
Gentry L. My Therapist Weighs 900 lbs. Children Today. Jan-Feb 1986;15(1):30-3.
You will see the clients’ faces when they’re with their horse. Either smiling with the joy of it all, or concentrating on their task at hand. This isn’t just a “pony ride,” but real work involving balance, coordination, strength-building, and communication skills. You’ll see the horses calm and intent on doing their work, paying close attention to their client’s needs, as well as listening to their leader, all the while tolerating the commotion around them! You’ll also see our trained volunteers as they interact and work to make the client’s experience safe and rewarding. Friendships are made, smiles given and received, personal triumphs achieved, small and large. All these things happen on a weekly basis, in classes at all our sites.
What are the benefits of therapeutic riding?
- Children’s listening skills and ability to follow instructions rose 80%.
- Interest in learning rose 41%.
- Self-confidence was 62% higher.
- Physical orientation skills rose 60%.
- Vocalization and verbalization skills were up 93%.
- 76% of the students retained and used their new vocabulary.
- 86% began using whole sentences.
The first step is to download the new client registration packet below and any of the additional special forms, print and fill it in; then mail or fax it to our office. Our mailing address is: P.O. Box 1102, Minnetonka, MN 55345. The fax number is: 952-974-9688.
Once we have received the completed Client Registration, the prospective Client’s name will be entered into our database. We do not fill openings on a first-come-first-served basis, but instead we place Clients based on appropriate class availability, taking into consideration site preference, client schedule and best class blend. Due to this, you may be put on a waiting list. There is no cost to be placed on the waiting list.
ZIP files –Download Client Forms
All Individual Forms –
- 2016 Authorization for Treatment (PDF)
- 2016 Client Medical History (PDF)
- 2016 Client Paperwork (ZIP)
- 2016 Client Registration (PDF)
- 2016 Down Syndrome Form (PDF)
- 2016 Ground Lesson (PDF)
- 2016 Liability Release (PDF)
- 2016 New Client Registration (PDF)
- 2016 Payment Policy Notice (PDF)
- 2016 Prospective Client Cover Letter (PDF)
- 2016 Scoliosis Form (PDF)
- 2016 Seizure Form (PDF)
- 2016 Session Dates (PDF)
- 2016 Spina Bifida (PDF)
- 2016 Weight Limits (PDF)
If you do not have access to a printer, please call our office at (952) 934-0057 and we will send these papers out to you.